There are a variety of services for teens to help you through any issue in your life. Being a teenager is hard—you are
treated like a kid but are expected to act like an adult. You have several pressures that are unique to your age, school
pressures, pressures from peers and family.
Here is a small sample of issues you could be experiencing. You can call 1 (800) 422-0045 for any reason.
- Are you having problems getting along with people your own age?
- Are you having problems getting along with your parents or your brother/sisters?
- Are you getting pressure from your friends to do drugs or drink alcohol or other activities that are against the law?
- Do you feel you could have a problem with alcohol or drugs or do you have a friend/family member who is having problems with
alcohol or drugs.
- Are you having relationship problems with your boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Are you having thoughts of suicide or thoughts to cut or other self-harming behaviors.
- Do you feel depressed and feel everything is hopeless?
This is just a small sample of issues you could be experiencing. You can call 1 (800) 422-0045 for any reason.
Crisis Line: 1 (800) 422-0045
The crisis line is available for you 24/7 every day of the year, even every holiday. If you need someone to talk to or need advice
on how to handle a problem, we can help. The people you can talk to have years of experience working with persons your age. They
understand what you are going through and can help.
What to Expect
Here's how it works when you call the crisis line:
- A psychiatric nurse will take your number and name and will page the on-call worker.
- The worker will then contact you at the number you provided the nurse when you initially called.
- The worker will help you work through whatever issue you need to talk about and can help you know what to do next.
We can even meet you at your home and talk to you face-to-face if you want.