Stellher Human Services, Inc. is looking for a Payroll Accountant with 2+ years of experience handling payroll processing encompassing garnishments,
benefits, and taxes. This position assists the accounting department with various projects including Accounts Payable and account reconciliation.
Experience with Sage highly desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process biweekly payroll
- Complete monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations as assigned, including but not limited to: Accrued payroll, Accrued bonuses, Health insurance
- Participate in and sometimes initiate fact-finding activities associated with reconciling items
- Assist with quarterly, annual audit requests
- Support employees with payroll-related matters
- Partner with CFO and Human Resources on various Payroll reconciliation opportunities to both develop and implement solutions and efficiencies
- Maintains employee payroll records
- Prepares monthly employee benefits expense reconciliation spreadsheets
- Maintains confidentiality of all sensitive information.
- Prepares biweekly paid hours & FTE spreadsheets
- Quarterly payroll reporting
- May perform other duties as required
- Professional integrity
- Accuracy, attention-to-detail
- Organizational skills
- Excel skills
- Time management, managing priorities
- Communication proficiency
- Problem Solving
- Benefits experience, preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience in accounting and/or payroll processing.
Minimum of 2 years working experience with automated payroll processing, payroll related accounting & reporting.
Must be proficient in Excel – familiar with advanced formulas and complex spreadsheet development.
This is a full-time position; work schedule is Monday – Friday
Submit completed application, letter of interest and resume to Human Resources, PO Box 430, Bemidji MN 56619 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE